Ashton Court, Bristol, England
Record Id: 162
Site is open to the public. Opening may be limited, please check Visitor Information for any restrictions.
Brief description of site
Ashton Court is a public park. It incorporates an early-19th-century landscape park, with formal gardens from the late-19th century. The house is now used for conferences and weddings.
Brief history of site
The land was enclosed as a deer park in the 14th century. The landscape park was laid out around 1802 to a design by Humphry Repton. The site became a public park in 1960.
Address: Long Ashton, BS41 9JN
North Somerset; Long Ashton
Historical County: Somerset
|OS Landranger Map Sheet Number:||172||Grid Ref:||ST557718|
The gardens are 2 miles west of Bristol, on the Portishead Road.
Opening contact details:
The house is now used for conferences and weddings. The gardens and estate are open from 8am throughout the year. Admission is free.
Form of site: country park
Purpose of site: public park
Context or principal building: parks, gardens and urban spaces
Site first created: 1802
Main period of development: Early 19th century
Site Size (Hectares): 358