Hanworth Hall, Roughton, England
Record Id: 1615
This site is NOT open to public.
Brief description of site
Hanworth Hall is surrounded by an 18th-century landscape park and woodland covering 600 hectares. There are boundary plantations at the western and southern boundaries, with country roads bounding the site elsewhere.
Brief history of site
Hanworth Hall burnt down in 1700 and a new house was built. The park was first laid out probably in around 1770. Repton advised at the site from 1789-90. The plantations were established in the 19th century. In the late-19th century the lake was widened and the woodland extended.
Norfolk; North Norfolk
Historical County: Norfolk
|OS Landranger Map Sheet Number:||133||Grid Ref:||TG198351|
Form of site: landscape park
Purpose of site: Ornamental
Context or principal building: house
Site first created: After 1770
Main period of development: Late 18th century
Survival: Part: standing remains
Site Size (Hectares): 600