Goldney Hall, (also known as Goldney Hall), Clifton, England
Record Id: 1475
This site is NOT open to public.
Brief description of site
This is an asymmetrical formal garden layout with buildings extending to around 1.6 hectares.
The gardens can be hired for events and also have specific open days for the public to visit. Please check the website for details.
Brief history of site
The gardens date mainly from 1732 onwards, and were laid out by Thomas Goldney III. Further modifications were made from 1864 by Lewis Fry. The gardens were then restored by the new owner from 1933 onwards. Since 1969 there has been further development with the construction of the University Halls of Residence.
Address: Lower Clifton Hill, Clifton, Bristol, BS8 1BH
Bristol, City of
Historical County: Gloucestershire
|OS Landranger Map Sheet Number:||172||Grid Ref:||ST574728|
Top of Clifton Hill, Bristol
Form of site: formal garden
Purpose of site: ornamental garden
Context or principal building: residential building
Site Style : formal
Site first created: Before 1694
Main period of development: Mid 18th century
Site Size (Hectares): 1.6