Glynde Place, Lewes, East Sussex, England
Record Id: 1461
Site is open to the public. Opening may be limited, please check Visitor Information for any restrictions.
Brief description of site
Glynde Place has mid-18th-century gardens of about 4 hectares overlooking 30 hectares of 19th-century parkland. The gardens are divided into separate areas and have been undergoing a programme of restoration and improvement since 1993.
Brief history of site
The house was built in 1568-9. The gardens also originated in the 16th century, and were extended in the mid-18th century.
Address: Glynde Place, Glynde, Lewes, East Sussex, BN8 6SX
Locality: Lewes, East Sussex
East Sussex; Lewes; Glynde
Historical County: Sussex
|OS Landranger Map Sheet Number:||198||Grid Ref:||TQ454 092|
Opening contact details:
Form of site: landscape park
Purpose of site: Ornamental
Context or principal building: house
Site first created: After 1568
Main period of development: Mid 18th century
Site Size (Hectares): 34