Gledstone Hall, Skipton, England
Record Id: 1435
This site is NOT open to public.
Brief description of site
Gledstone Hall is a country house and formal gardens. It was designed by Edwin Lutyens in the 1920s, with a planting scheme supplied by Gertrude Jekyll.
Brief history of site
There had been an 18th-century mansion on the site by John Carr. Amos Nelson bought the site in 1923 and decided to re-build the house. The new house was designed by Edwin Lutyens and was begun in 1925. The old mansion was demolished in 1928.
Address: Gledstone Hall, West Marton, Skipton, North Yorkshire, BD23 3JL
North Yorkshire; Craven; Martons Both
Historical County: Yorkshire
|OS Landranger Map Sheet Number:||103||Grid Ref:||SD887513|
Form of site: formal garden
Purpose of site: ornamental garden
Context or principal building: house
Site Style : formal
Site first created: Before 1799
Main period of development: Early 20th century
Site Size (Hectares): 12