Gatley Park, Ludlow, England
Record Id: 1407
This site is NOT open to public.
Brief description of site
Gatley Park is a 17th- and 18th-century park, with formal gardens of around 1900 associated with a country house.
Brief history of site
The Earl of March was licensed to make a deer park in 1301. The estate was bought in 1679 by the Dunne family, the present owners. The garden was laid out in the late-19th and early-20th centuries.
Address: Leinthall Earls, Herefordshire, HR6 9TT
Herefordshire, County of; Aymestrey
Historical County: Herefordshire
|OS Landranger Map Sheet Number:||148||Grid Ref:||SO449685|
Seven miles north-west of Leominster via the B4361 and minor roads.
Form of site: landscape park
Purpose of site: Ornamental
Context or principal building: house
Site Style : English landscape garden
Site first created: 1301
Main period of development: 17th century
Site Size (Hectares): 42