Garvagh House, Coleraine, Northern Ireland
Record Id: 1403
This site is NOT open to public.
Brief description of site
This is the walled demesne of the former owners of the neighbouring 17th-century town. The house and walled garden have been demolished. Very few original trees are left amongst forest planting. There is a late-19th-century memorial pyramid. Garvagh Museum is situated in the former walled garden.
Address: 6 Forest Road, Garvagh, County Londonderry, BT51 5EF
Historical County: Londonderry
|OSNI Discoverer map sheet number:||8||Grid Ref:||C838157|
On the western outskirts of Garvagh.
Form of site: demesne
Context or principal building: house
Site first created: After 1600
Main period of development: 17th century
Survival: Part: standing remains