Garnons, Hereford, England
Record Id: 1395
This site is NOT open to public.
Brief description of site
Garnons is a late-18th-century landscape park with approach drive, terrace and extensive ornamental tree-planting.
Brief history of site
The estate was inherited by John Geers Cotterell in 1790. Humphry Repton produced a Red Book of recommendations in 1791, which were carried out. The house was re-modelled by William Atkinson from 1815.
Address: Byford, Herefordshire, HR4 7JU
Herefordshire, County of; Mansell Gamage
Historical County: Herefordshire
|OS Landranger Map Sheet Number:||148||Grid Ref:||SO397439|
Eight miles west of Hereford on the A438.
Form of site: landscape park
Purpose of site: Ornamental
Context or principal building: house
Site Style : English landscape garden
Site first created: 1791
Main period of development: Late 18th century
Site Size (Hectares): 88