Arley Hall, Northwich, Cheshire, England
Record Id: 135
Site is open to the public. Opening may be limited, please check Visitor Information for any restrictions.
Brief description of site
Arley Hall is situated within a landscape park of about 190 hectares. The ornamental garden was created in the 19th and 20th centuries to the south-west of the house. The garden is divided into several distinctive areas, each different but all in a formal style. An arboretum called the Grove lies to the north-east of the house.
Brief history of site
Arley Hall was built between 1832 to 1842. It replaced an earlier house dating from around 1469.
The creation of the ornamental garden was carried out during the 19th and 20th centuries.
Address: Arley Hall, Northwich, Cheshire, CW9 6NA
Locality: Northwich, Cheshire
Cheshire East; Aston by Budworth
Historical County: Cheshire
|OS Landranger Map Sheet Number:||118||Grid Ref:||SJ 675 809|
Arley Hall lies 10 minutes drive from the M6 and the M56. Follow the brown tourist signs from Northwich if driving from the south and from Warrington if driving from the north.
Opening contact details:
or telephone 01565 777353
Form of site: landscape park
Purpose of site: Ornamental
Context or principal building: great house
Site first created: 1800 to 1899
Main period of development: 19th century
Site Size (Hectares): 190