Eywood, Leominster, England
Record Id: 1284
This site is NOT open to public.
Brief description of site
Eywood has a landscape park established by the late-18th century around a house of about 1705, demolished in 1954. The surviving features include lakes, part of an avenue and a kitchen garden.
Brief history of site
The house dated from about 1705, with later alterations, and was demolished in 1958. The park dates from the 18th century, with terraced gardens added in the 19th century.
Address: Flintsham, Kington, Herefordshire, HR5 3RU
Herefordshire, County of; Titley
Historical County: Herefordshire
|OS Landranger Map Sheet Number:||148||Grid Ref:||SO319594|
Two miles north-east of Kington off the B4355.
Form of site: landscape park
Purpose of site: Ornamental
Site Style : English landscape garden
Site first created: 1705
Main period of development: 18th century
Survival: Part: ground/below ground level remains
Site Size (Hectares): 125