Edgbaston Hall, Edgbaston, England
Record Id: 1225
This site is NOT open to public.
Brief description of site
Only 47 hectares now remain from a late-18th-century landscape park, designed by Lancelot Brown in 1776, which originally covered a larger area. The site is now a golf course, but retains the lake and woodland areas.
Brief history of site
Edgbaston Hall was rebuilt in 1717 after the original medieval manor house was burned down at the end of the English Civil War. The extensive gardens were landscaped by Lancelot Brown in 1776. The hall has either been empty or leased since 1782.
Address: Edgbaston Hall, Church Road, Edgbaston, Birmingham, B15 3TB
West Midlands; Birmingham; Edgbaston
Historical County: Warwickshire
|OS Landranger Map Sheet Number:||139||Grid Ref:||SP056 844|
The Vale, Edgbaston, south Birmingham
Form of site: landscape park
Purpose of site: Recreational/sport
Context or principal building: golf course
Site first created: Before 1717
Main period of development: Late 18th century
Survival: Part: ground/below ground level remains
Site Size (Hectares): 47