Doddington Hall, Lincoln, Lincolnshire, England
Record Id: 1096
Site is open to the public. Opening may be limited, please check Visitor Information for any restrictions.
Brief description of site
Doddington Hall has 19th- and 20th-century gardens of 1.6 hectares, surrounded by the Elizabethan walls which enclosed the original 16th- and 17th-century gardens. The walled kitchen garden produces fruit and vegetables that are sold locally. The garden also features a turf maze and Temple of the Four Winds, added in the 1980s.
Brief history of site
In 1593, the manor house was sold to Thomas Tailor, who commissioned Doddington Hall from Robert Smythson.
Address: Doddington Hall, Doddington, Lincolnshire, LN6 4RU
Lincolnshire; North Kesteven; Doddington and
Historical County: Lincolnshire
|OS Landranger Map Sheet Number:||121||Grid Ref:||SK900701|
Opening contact details:
Opening times vary seasonally. Please see:
Form of site: landscape park
Purpose of site: Ornamental
Context or principal building: house
Site first created: Before 1593
Main period of development: Early 18th century
Site Size (Hectares): 32