Daylesford House, Moreton-In-Marsh, England
Record Id: 1058
This site is NOT open to public.
Brief description of site
Daylesford House is a late-18th-century landscape park of around 120 hectares. John Davenport designed the garden buildings and formed a lake for Warren Hastings. His orangery was completed in 1790. There is also mid-19th-century planting and gardens of 10 hectares around the late-18th-century mansion.
Brief history of site
The Hastings family owned Daylesford from the time of Henry II until 1715. The site was then sold to Jacob Knight, who began to rebuild the house there. The house was not completed until the end of the 18th century.
Address: Daylesford, Moreton-in-Marsh, GL56 0YH
Gloucestershire; Cotswold; Adlestrop
Historical County: Gloucestershire
|OS Landranger Map Sheet Number:||163||Grid Ref:||SP254265|
The gardens are 5 miles west of Chipping Norton off the A436.
Form of site: landscape park
Purpose of site: Ornamental
Context or principal building: mansion house
Site first created: After 1154
Main period of development: Late 18th century
Site Size (Hectares): 110