Dallam Tower, Milnthorpe, Cumbria, England
Record Id: 1036
The following is from the Register of Parks and Gardens of Special Historic Interest. For the most up-to-date Register entry, please visit the The National Heritage List for England (NHLE):
The site has been occupied since the early medieval period when a defensive structure was situated at the highest point of the park. There is a plan of 1614 showing a house with formal gardens on the east and west sides (Country Life 1982) but the present building dates from the early 18th century, when the estate was owned by Daniel Wilson. Estate maps were made in 1733, possibly to mark the completion of the house, and in 1799. The house and park are in private ownership (1997).
People associated with this site
Architect: George Webster (born 1797 died 1864)
Feature created: 1800 to 1899
A 19th century cast iron orangery.