8) Planning the layout
When considering the layout of the playpark students will need to consider.
- How much space to leave between pieces of equipment? Space is essential to allow parents or carers help young children use the equipment; to prevent collision; to avoid people nearby being struck by moving parts; and to give wheelchair users access to the equipment.
- How to group different pieces of equipment? Will there be separate areas for toddlers and young children?
- Whether to use safety barriers in front or around some pieces of equipment?
- Where to place seating – for parents and children?
- Whether to enclose the play area? If so, will students use fencing, or can careful planting and use of land be used to create natural barriers?